Saturday, May 28, 2016

Kitty Portraits

Painting one of my favorite animals -  CATS
 
Orange Kitten   6" x 6"  oil on gessoboard
  
 I have always had cats in my life as long as I can remember.  They are the best friends in the world!  They cuddle with you and love you as long as you are good to them.  So I decided it was time to do some kitty portraits.  I have been working from a calendar given to me from Friends of Turlock Animal Shelter.  This is a great group that helps find homes for cats and dogs.  

Here are my first 6 portraits.  You might notice that I enjoy painting orange kitties!  Carrying on my exploration of ORANGE.




 
Orange Kitty with Blue Eyes   6" x 6"  oil on gessoboard

Paintings are $125 framed and $95 without a frame.   $40 from the sale of each painting will be donated to this dedicated group.


Send me a really good, close-up photo of your cat and I will consider doing a portrait of YOUR loving kitty.   

 

Little Cutie   6" x 6"  oil on gessoboard

Lucinda   6" x 6"  oil on gessoboard

Susie   6" x 6"  oil on gessoboard

Blue-eyed Beauty   6" x 6"  oil on gessoboard






What a sweetheart!



















"Lucinda" seemed like a good name for this pretty cat with green eyes. 
SOLD!  THIS PAINTING SOLD AT THE MONTEREY COUNTY ARTISTS OPEN STUDIO TOUR!  GONE TO A GOOD HOME!















And this little sweetie looked like a "Susie" to me! 

















This handsome cat looks a lot like my own cat  Lacy.  I have yet to paint Lacy, but that is on my list of things to do... soon!














Check out my website at: www.RhettsStudio.com