Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A New Resolve - Paint Every Day!

~ A NEW RESOLVE ~
 DAILY PAINTING - A PAINTING A DAY
I have been painting for a long time now, but not as often as I would like to.  Recently, I discovered DailyPaintworks.com and it has opened up my eyes to the importance of painting every day.  So I have a new resolve.... PAINT EVERY DAY!  So my new resolve has begun!
I have revised my studio fixing up my easel area, adding a new paint palette to preserve my paint, fixing up a still life area, etc.

DAY 1 March 13, 2016.... painted a yellow pitcher I bought at a garage sale
DAY 2 March 14   painted an orange on a blue plate  5" x 7".
Well, OK... so good so far.  Not great paintings, but I am having fun!


My still life set up

ORANGE BOWL  6x6
DAY 3  March 15  Now I am getting serious..  Set up a sliced orange in a bowl.  This time I graduated to a 6" x 6" panel.  What FUN!  I painted for over 3 hours!    I am happy with my progress.  I call this one "ORANGE BOWL" 6x6 










"ORANGE NEST"  6" x 6" oil on panel
DAY 4  March 16  Now I am on a roll!  Reworked the still life adding a strawberry this time.  Gee, painting oranges over and over is getting a little easier.  There is a lot to painting an orange!  So many subtle colors especially in the rind.  What I have noticed is that it is interesting painting the same subject repeatedly makes me look harder and work at my brushstrokes.  "Orange Nest"  6x6  oil on panel.







"FRUIT BOWL"  6" x 6"  oils
DAY 5  March 15   Now I wake up and can't wait to get to the studio!  Added grapes and rearranged the fruit.  I decided to zoom in and fill the 6" x 6" panel with the image.  The grapes were fun to add. "Fruit Bowl"  6x6  oil on panel









"AVOCADO INTRUDER"  6" x 6"  oil
DAY 6  March 16  Our avocado tree has been dropping avocados for months.  I have to pick them up right away.  Having one in my hand in my studio, I thought, "Why not?  Add it to the still life!" Since the avocado has joined the oranges, I call this one: "AVOCADO INTRUDER"   6x6   oil on panel



ORANGE IS MY NEW FAVORITE COLOR!

CHECK OUT MY NEXT POST TO SEE HOW I AM PROGRESSING!
All paintings are for sale $100 each.  Frames are extra.  Free shipping to USA only.
THANKS FOR VISITING. 
CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE AT:  www.RhettsStudio.com