Thursday, September 19, 2013

Art Nature Journaling

I have been enjoying taking a break from painting and just sketching in my art journal.
I spent a few hours along the coast near Lovers Point in Pacific Grove, CA.  It is so beautiful there.  I sat on a bench and watched the fishermen, tourists, birds and the waves.  Then I noticed this little cute squirrel feasting on ice plant flowers.  He sat so still, turning now and then.  After I had made the drawing in the center of my journal page and adding watercolor washes, I wasn't sure what to do with the white border.  So I took out my camera and looked through the photos I had taken of that squirrel.  He was so cute.  So I just had to add drawings of him on my border.  Good thing I took photos, since he disappeared in the rocks very quickly when some hikers walked by.

I love working on nature drawings.   This image is available as a note card if you are interested.