Sunday, August 28, 2016

Painting Great Old Cars

Painting Great Old Cars

 I have been having fun painting old cars, trucks and tractors when I can find them.  My friend and I were driving around Pacifc Grove (CA) looking for a restaurant for dinner when we turned down this road and discovered this great car!  It was about a week before the 4th of July so the car and house were all decorated up!  I took photos and eventually painted the first three paintings.  My friend went to the parade and took the photo of the car in the parade, thus the 4th painting.
Each painting took me 6 hours to paint, but it was fun to try and capture the flags, reflections and shadows.  I like them all and can't figure which I like best.  Let me know which one YOU like best!



Ready for the Parade
6" x 6"  oil on ampersand panel
framed in 8" x 8" frame

American Pride 
6" x 6"  oil on ampersand panel
framed in 8" x 8" frame


Celebrate the 4th
6" x 6"  oil on ampersand panel
framed in 8" x 8" frame

In the Parade
6" x 6"  oil on ampersand panel
framed in 8" x 8" frame

See the originals on display at the                                                     

Monterey County Artists Open Studio Tour
Sept. 24th and 25th  - 2016    -  11 am - 5 pm
I will be at #15 on the map
Maps are available at www.bit.ly/mcoast.ArtsHabitat.org
and will be published in the Monterey Herald on Sept. 15th.
For more information go to   ArtsHabitat.org
 or call  (831)624-6111
also on Facebook

Monterey, California