Monday, May 23, 2016

Time for Eggs

Egg Challenge

Duck Visits Egg   6" x 6"   oil on gessoboard
 I have seen paintings by other artists of a broken egg on a plate and thought that might be a good challenge.
Capturing that "wet" look is interesting, but the most difficult part was the egg shell.  I added one of my nasturtium flowers and leaf to give a spark of color.  The blueberries are freshly picked from my blueberry bush outside my studio door!  They are really good and make interesting shapes.  
Daily Painting #42
Egg and Blueberries   6" x 6"  oil on gessoboard









 Here is another attempt at painting an egg.
Daily Painting #43
















Let Me Hold Your Tea Bag     6" x 6"  oil on gessoboard
Here is my 3rd Daily Painting Still life with an egg.  I added the white tea cup, ceramic tea bag holder and flowers.  A fun collection of shapes, colors and textures!
Daily Painting #45














Paintings are $125 each framed.
Check out my website at:  www.RhettsStudio.com

Thank you for looking at my blog.