Thursday, April 7, 2016

Still Getting Ready for Open Studio


APRIL 7th
 The last few days have been filled with painting and getting my studio presentable for the public.  Only 16 days left to get things in order.  Open Studio Tour is April 23 & 24th and I hope some of you will be able to stop by and see my new work.  

I am still focusing on my Daily Paintings.  I now have the first 6 framed and I like the way they turned out.  I used a floating frame type.  

Won't they look good on a wall together?

And I have been continuing my exploration of the color orange.  What a wonderful color!  It is fun to look for things that are orange.  My rose flowers are now in full bloom and the peachy orange ones are wonderful.  I just wish I could remember the name of that rose.  


First Spring Rose   6x6
< Here is the first rose that opened.  I put it into a pretty glass vase and of course my little owl had to get into the act.   So many colors of orange in this flower! 
Just Peachy   6x6











So now for a close up!  Lovely flower!  Such fun to see all the colors of orange!  
Pretty in Orange   6x6






This rose is very orange!  But with so many variations!  The golden yellows and soft pinks add to the vibrancy of this rose!  
Peek-A-Boo    6x6
















And in this one my little Mexican owl had to get into the picture!  I call this one "Peek-A-Boo!"   

I can't wait to frame up these rose beauties!  

Come to my Open Studio and see them!