Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Painting a California Castle - Yes a Real Castle!

Today we went painting at Kasteel Noz in Merced County.  This place is amazing!  Casper Noz started building his dream castle in 1991.  It is nestled in the rolling foothills east of Modesto in the Central Valley of California.  You can see more of this place by going to their website at: http://www.kasteelnoz.com/

It was a beautiful day, not hot, not cold, and most of all, for an artist, not windy!  After taking a tour, we set up our easels in the court yard and began to paint.  I wanted to catch the light on the round towers before it changed.  The red brick was a pretty color and Cad Red Light and Alizarin plus white did well to paint the sunlit parts.  Adding blue helped create the shadows.

Casper seemed to like my painting and he bought it!  Imagine, the Lord of the Castle bought my painting.  I did manage to get a quick photo of it and the castle.  Scroll down to see my painting.

All in all a very fun day!




My view
On my easel almost finished. 

Here I am painting by my car.
   
Breaking for Lunch

More Painters

Standing Guard