Monday, February 27, 2017

ACEO BLACK & WHITE Drawings

DRAWING IN BLACK AND WHITE
Above Monterey Bay  SOLD



I have been exploring drawing with a variety of mixed media including white ink, white pastel and pencil, black and brown inks and other pens.  It is interesting to see what a colorful scene looks like using just these medias.  I am working for a good NOTAN design and practicing for a possible painting as well.  I have been influenced by Vincent Van Gogh's drawings after reading Irving Stone's book "Lust for Life".  Vincent was an amazing observer of nature and used his pens magnificently!  


The drawings are small ACEOs.  An ACEO stands for "Art Card Edition Original" and they must always be to the standard size 2.5" x 3.5" a little bigger than a business card. Collectors are putting these into binders as well as framing them.  

Collectors trade these ACEOs like trading cards.
My drawings are on a variety of papers,  usually grays and dark greens.  I have some of them in auctions on eBay and on Daily Paintworks.  Below are a few I have been working on lately.  
If you would like to buy one of these contact me.  
Each of these have been matted to fit an 8" x 10" frame. 

You can click on an image to view it bigger. 

Calla Lilies in Pacific Grove - ACEO  - SOLD


Splashing Swan  - ACEO



               Sunset #1 - ACEO

             By the Sea -  ACEO