Friday, March 25, 2016

More Orange Paintings

DAILY PAINTING - A PAINTING A DAY - More Orange Paintings
ORANGE WREATH  6x6  oil
Day 7 - Saturday, March 19
Time to rearrange the fruit.  The oranges seemed to form a circle so I call this one "Orange Wreath".  I am getting the hang of painting oranges!  So many colors!  Tried a bright orange background this time.  It is fun to add a bright color to the background.  "Orange Wreath"




 
ODD STRAWBERRY OUT  6x6

Day 8 Sunday, March 20th
When I was re-arranging the fruit the strawberry fell out of the bowl.  It looked so sad and seemed to want to jump back into the bowl!  So I call this one "Odd Strawberry Out".




PANSY WITH SLICED ORANGE



Day 9 Monday, March 21st
Ok, what to do with oranges next?  Why not slice it!?  So out came the knife and the orange was cut up.  I wanted to add a spot of color purple and so I added this purple pansy.  I discovered that purple is a difficult color to paint.  The pansy is the most vibrant purple and it is not easy to capture in paint.  Did a lot of experimenting with mixes.  To balance it all, I added purple to the background.


Day 10  Tuesday, March 22nd
So now what?  Why peel the orange, of course!  But I got it half peeled and the curl was so interesting I thought "Why not try it?"  Tree trimmers were here today to take the mistletoe out of our tree, so I picked up a few pieces to add to the bowl.
 So here it is.  "Orange Peeled"  6x6
ORANGE PEELED   6x6
Wet - still on the easel


ORANGE SPIRAL WITH DAISY



 Day 11 Wednesday, March 23rd
Playing with the orange, the peel fell down and out of the bowl.  Well, OK  lets run with this.  But to add some more color I picked one of my beautiful daisy flowers in the garden.  I kept the mistletoe as I discovered it makes a pretty shape. "Orange Spiral With Daisy"  6x6




HOT TIP:  Since these paintings are small, 6x6, signing them is difficult.  I want to make sure I honor both my parents with my first AND middle names, so my signature is long.  I tried all kinds of things to use.  And Bingo!  I found the perfect tool!  I had a dried up Sharpie Extra Fine marker pen and tried it, writing directly into the wet paint.  Works great!  Just wipe it off often.  Try it!


See you later.  Thanks for reading my blog.  Come back later for more of my daily paintings.
Hope it inspires you too.